We are now six days into the new year, and many of you have either just started or made new health and fitness goals. Whichever group you belong to, congratulations for making the dedication to investing in your health! I don’t know about you, but I have to find different ways to push through my workouts in order for me to develop a consistent routine as I tend to get bored easily. One thing that helps me (and countless others) is a good workout music list. There is something about a good playlist that will have you feeling like you can conquer Mt. Everest, knock out Foreman in the Rumble in the Jungle, slay Beyonce’s Grown Woman choreography, and pull off a diamond heist……….at the same time! In other words, music is one of the best motivators. In observation of the first Music Monday of 2014, I thought I’d share a few selections from my workout list. I have a little bit of everything; ratchet and wholesome (don’t judge me).
- Deja Vu – Beyonce
- So Ambitious – Jay Z ft. Pharrell
- Victory (Live) – Tye Tribbett
- Go Get It – Mary Mary
- Monster – Kanye, Jay Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj
- B.O.B. – Outkast
- Down For My N’s – C-Murder and Co.
- Wild Boy Remix – MGK and Co.
- Bounce Back – James Fortune & Fiya
- Bounce Back – Juvenile
- Slow Walk – Mary Mary
- Walking – Mary Mary
- Looking for You – Kirk Franklin
- Lavish – Twista ft. Pharrell
- Go Hard – Kanye
- If You Want To – Travis Barker, Lupe Fiasco, Pharrell
- You Wouldn’t Understand – Nas
What’s on your workout playlist this year? Let us know in the comments below!